Re: Bearings and Oil Pump

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bearings and Oil Pump
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 10:10:40 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Wayne, plastiguage is used to measure bearing to journal clearance.  If you are
going to replace bearings you need to first measure the journals with a mike to
check wear/size/out of round.  Also examine for scoring.  Then determine whether
the crank needs to be turned.  When you reassemble with new bearings use
plastiguage to check clearance.  John