Re: GT6 carburetors: time to rebuild?

Subject: Re: GT6 carburetors: time to rebuild?
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:06:48 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Dave Hammond wrote:

> Martin;
> Can you grab the throttle shaft and wiggle it? It sure sounds like you are
> in need of new throttle shaft bushings. Another test is to squirt WD 40 on
> the carb body where the shaft hole enters. If it speeds up, you have worn
> shafts.
>
> Your machine shop may be able to rebush them. I think you can buy bushings
> and/or oversize shafts. I hope this helps
>
> Dave in Oregon

Morning all,

This sounds to me like a problem(one of many) I had with my Spit, if you have
the valves(I think they are anti run on valves) fitted to the throttle disks,
then solder these shut, as the spring looses its tension with the constant
heating up, cooling down, causing the irratic or high idle!

Rich