TR6 vs Spitfire water pumps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 vs Spitfire water pumps
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 10:03:18 +1000
As part of my quest for improving reliability in my 2500 racer, I'm
looking at improving water flow.

Has anyone else experimented or measured water flow, comparing say
different pump speeds, or changing impellors??

I have noticed the 4 cyl cars like 1500 run a larger pulley and it runs
the pump virtually at engine speed. The 2000/2500 6cyl pump however runs
at around 80% of engine speed. Is this because of the pulley mounted
fans on the 1500's ???(& if so but why didnt they do this on
1200/1300???)

I'm also on the hunt for a cast alloy pump to block housing. If anyone
has a spare one please let me know (they were made in UK by one of the
racing firms)

Any help appreciated as usual

Terry O'Beirne