Re: GT6 carburetors: time to rebuild?

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 carburetors: time to rebuild?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 15:05:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin,
It sounds as if there is air getting into the system somewhere.  It's
most likely around the throttle shafts.

Before spending $350 for someone to rebuild the carbs, I'd recommend
taking the bodies to someone who can drill out and re-bush the shaft
channels and replace the throttle shafts with standard size ones.

I had that done to my SU's for about $60.00 not including new shafts.

Regards,
Joe

--
  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer