Surry Tops

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Surry Tops
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 22:59:11 -0600
Happy New Year Everyone,

I tried to send this earlier today but don't know if it went through.
Well anyway, here goes again:

I'm almost ready to put my surry top on the six but have ran into a
problem.  After installing the glass in the backlight assembly, I
thought the next step would be easy.  But when I tried to install the
chrome plastic molding in the slot in the rubber surround, it just won't
stay in and where it does in a curve it won't lay flat.  The angles in
the rear are so much more extreme than in the front windshield where
this procedure is very easy.  As many TRs, especially in the UK have
these tops, there must be a secret way to properly install this thing.
I have thought of sticking it in hot water, using a hair drier, etc.
Anyone know what will work?
Thanks for your help.
Bob