Re: TR3 tie rod end snafu

To: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 tie rod end snafu
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:53:21 -0700
Cc: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Coday Family <coday@localaccess.com>
I finally broke down and bought one of those tie-rod end removers, the
one that looks like cup, with a slot in one side that slips into the
joint, a bolt in the other side that you torque down to pop off the
tie-rod end. Now, I haven't met a tie-rod I can't get apart, and with a
minimum of violence. Another good reason for leaving the nut screwed on
a few turns is to keep that puppy from taking off when it releases from
the taper.

FYI: I have not had good luck with the "pickle fork" type remover,
mainly they tear up the boots. I haven't tried the "clothes pin" type,
so can't compare.

Don't you love all these technical terms? Cups, forks & clothes pins.
Drop a note if this makes no sense.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602