Re: How/when did the Triumph bug bite you?

To: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: Re: How/when did the Triumph bug bite you?
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:04:24 -0400
Cc: Charles Duckworth <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've often wondered how/when I got bitten by the Triumph "bug".  It
couldn't have been from my father, though learning to rebuild tractor
engines _was_ a help.  I had a neighbor with an MGA and later an E-type,
but that wasn't what go me wanting a Triumph.

I _think_ it all started with a Cheerios box and corresponding TV
commercial, showing a TR3 and an MGA racing.  A small model (red or
blue, perhaps) would be in the box.  I like to think the TR3 was leading
the MG in the commercial.  Or perhaps the TR was what I found in the
first box.

Does anyone else remember this, or am I imagining this?  I was just a
wee lad at the time.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
http://members.tripod.com/~Keith_Edwards/
'67 TR4A since 1973
'62 TR3B since 1978
2 more TRs, a Healey, a princess
various other whole and "fractional" cars