Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Speedometer - OD vs. non-OD
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:02:32 -0400
Well, actually there are two units, and it has to do with
different rear end ratios (3.7:1 vs 4.11:1) that were used.
Since the different rear ends usually corresponded to
whether or not an overdrive was fitted (although I suppose
you could order a non-OD car with an OD rear end) the OD
and non-OD cars had diffrerent speedos.  I'll try to look
the part numbers up tonight (unless someone beats me to it).

Bruce Clough