Re: TR6: Handling bug or personality?

To: SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU, triumph@shiseis.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: Handling bug or personality?
From: SHOMWAY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:58:28 EDT
Having attended Skip Barber Racing School we were taught that you always want
to either be braking or accelerating. The reason being that during braking or
accelerating the car will lower itself on to the suspension, where its suppose
to be for correct handling and maximium use of the springs and shocks. Anytime
that you lift from the pedal or do not brake the car will rise, thus losing
your maximium handling ability of the car.....causing a float
situation.......which you never want while driving hard. So if your going into
a corner make sure you have braked and downshifted prior to entry then
accelerate thru the turn and shift upon exit from the turn while heading in a
straight line where the suspension travel will be less noticeable and will not
affect the handling of the car.  Thats my two cents worth.

Gordon Swart
76 TR6
87 Mustang GT