SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours

To: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Spit Enthusiast <spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:42:59 -0500
Greetings,

Another question in a hopefully, non-irritating list of questions.

Can someone tell me how these lights are supposed to behave?

My green flasher indicator light only flashes when my hazard lights are
on. I sensed from the handbook the indicator is also for the turn
signals. I like the idea, since on short turns the auto turn signal
deactivator doesn't always kick in and outside noise makes it difficult
to hear the clicking when they're on. I don't want to be viewed like the
blue-hair (no offense, my blue-hairs are making their appearences ;)
driver who leaves their signal on while not intending a turn.

The other light in question is the vertical text lamp reading "HAZARD".
It's on solid all the time. My guess is, it should flash but *shrug* -
this is just a guess.

How should I proceed in making these lights behave as they should. I
can't use the same method as for my daughter; the car sits alone for
hours, even days confined to its room (garage).

Thanks in advance for your expertise,

Vic M.

--
Victor Michael                     |           vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer                   |         Voice (312) 214-2327