Re:SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re:SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:08:37 -0500
Cc: spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dan and other responders,

My Spit is a 1977, fm62959u. Your information seems consistent. It
dawned on me while reading your response that my front park lights are
not installed (is this illegal, btw?) This also corresponds to the
handbook. It's used as an indication that a directional bulb is faulty.

Is there any way to bypass this besides installing the lamps, since I
don't have them yet?

As for the "hazard" light, it is dimmable and switched by the main light
switch. This is consistent with other 77 owners - thanks to those who
checked.

I will also check for the adjustment of the deactivator in the steering
column (thanks for that tip!)

Thanks to all who responded!
(it's okay, I can't read those incorrect schematics anyway)

Vic M.

P.S. Your "lamp cord" pun is not far from the truth... The PO had wired
the radio's memory wire (always hot) directly to the battery with - you
guessed it - a lamp cord! I was able to find a constant current inder
the dash and eliminated another hot air leak in the cock pit.

--
Victor Michael                     |           vmichael@tibco.com
Systems Engineer                   |         Voice (312) 214-2327