Re: SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SPITFIRE: Normal dash light behaviours
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@earth.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:27:55 -0500

Vic wrote:

>My green flasher indicator light only flashes when my hazard lights are
>on. I sensed from the handbook the indicator is also for the turn
>signals.

Yeah, my green indicator light blinks when either the turn signals or
flashers are activated. It doesn't actually "flash" when I'm using the
right-hand blinker, though... but the blinkers themselves actually do blink
as ordered. One of the many mysteries that I am discovering about my new
car. :)

>The other light in question is the vertical text lamp reading "HAZARD".
>It's on solid all the time. My guess is, it should flash but *shrug* -
>this is just a guess.

I wonder about this too. Mine's also on all the time. Maybe it's a lame
safety feature, so that you can always "find" the flashers switch?

Eric.

Eric A. Yates
eyates@earth.nwu.edu
1978 Spitfire 1500