AARRGGHH...TR3 engine installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: AARRGGHH...TR3 engine installation
From: Harris Goodkind <tr_250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:37:36 -0700 (PDT)
Help!
Please don't tell me I have to remove the front end of my TR3 to
install the engine!
I got the car with the engine in the passenger compartment, so I don't
know how it came out.  The car was painted and the owner gave up.
Maybe he realized the engine just WON'T go in!
The trouble I am having is the front of the motor will hit the apron
and the back hits the firewall.  I just can't get enough room to get
the front of the motor under the apron and let the back down.  I have
already installed the gearbox, so it is just the engine that has to go
in.  None of the books say I need to remove the apron.  Am I missing
something really obvious?
(It was 90+ degrees here today and the sun beats right into the garage
int he late afternoon...maybe I am suffering from heat stroke.)
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

==
Harris Goodkind
Hanford, California
'62 TR3B  TSF363L