TR4A Surrey top Help

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4A Surrey top Help
From: "Faulkner" <sherry61@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:33:10 -0700
Hello list,

I am in the process of "adapting" a fiberglass rear surrey top frame to
allow the use of a center soft section (bows and canvas top).   I was
wondering if anyone out there with a factory surrey top installed on their
car could answer a few questions for me.  I realize that several pieces are
going to have to be fabricated and I can deal with that directly.  What I
need to know is how the rear section is positioned from the windshield and
the mounting features relative to each other.

1.   What is the distance from the front of the windshield capping (where
the top tucks in) to the forward/inside surface of the rear section that the
bows rest against?
2.  What is the centerline distance between the two sets of mounting holes
in the windshield and rear surrey frame?
3.  How is the "bushing" that the bows "guide" in located with respect to
the mounting holes in the rear surrey frame.
      - Distance from the top surface of the rear frame to the centerline of
the hole.
      -  Distance between the two centerlines.

Any help that can be sent my way would be appreciated.  In the interest of
keep traffic down, please respond to me directly.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Faulkner

68 TR4A (67)  CTC76631  L
Series I Alpine (B9008073 LRO)