Re: Redline Magazine

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TRSix@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Redline Magazine
From: jharris@wimsey.com (John Harris)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:40:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,
that type of article is meant to raise fury, and circulation - people want
to see their letters-to-the-editor in print.

Funny that the Spit outsold the MGB, according to Graham Robson, and had a
superior motor, in terms of cylinder head design - all the Triumph engines,
fours and sixes, did, all the way up to the 250-horse SCCA GT6s (admittedly
'hand-grenade' tune). Also, there'd have to be a hairdresser on every
corner.

Only thing wrong with the Stag was that they didn't develop it. BL never
had the slightest idea what to do with success. The Morris Minor could have
been the world car that the Beetle was. The Mini was just an example of a
brilliant design that couldn't help but make it. Even then, given VW-style
advertising, it too could have been in every garage. Alec Issigonis must
have died of a broken heart.

Sorry I know nothing about Redline magazine, but Ta for letting me rant.

Cheers.
John Harris
GT6 plus
Vancouver, Canada