Re: TR6 Electric fuel pump wiring?

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Electric fuel pump wiring?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:54:27 -0700
Dan,

Thanks ever so much for this most simple and elegant solution to my
promblem!!  I wired it up this weekend and it worked perfectly.  I got the
functionality I need with a minumum amount of wires and relays. (I used an
extra Lucas relay from my spares bin)  Thanks to you, I am only hours away
from staring my TR6 up for the first time!!

Thanks again for your help and time.

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI CP51649 ... with working fuel pumps.

Yes, this would be an excellent use for the spare fuse position. Run a 12
gauge wire from the 4-way junction box (located right next to the fuse box,
with four large spade connectors, fed directly from the battery with a
brown
wire - Item No. 23 on your wiring diagram) to the spare fuse position.
insert
a 20 amp fuse. Run a wire, 12 ga, from the other side of the fuse to to a
relay (terminal C1 if using a Lucas relay, terminal 30 if using an American
or
Bosch relay). From the relay (terminal C2 or 87), run a 12 gauge wire to
both
fuel pumps. Insulate and tie back the existing fuel pump wire in your
harness.
Run another wire, 14 gauge, from the fuse with the green wires (from the
same
side of the fuse as the green wires) to the relay (terminal W1 or 85). Run
wire from the relay (terminal W2 or 86) to one side of the inertia switch.
Ground the other side of the inertia switch. This is all assuming that the
inertia switch is a simple on-off switch, off when shocked, with no
complications. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know, and I can
revise
this.