TR6 Electric fuel pump wiring?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Electric fuel pump wiring?
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:59:37 -0700
I'm doing a frame-off restoration on a 1970 TR6 PI.  I have replaced the
Lucas fuel pump with a Bosch unit from a BMW 30si.  I also added a Facet
priming pump before the Bosch unit.  I'm currently installing a new wiring
loom which has a lead for just one fuel pump.  I will connect the Facet to
this one.  What I need to do is find a power source for the Bosch unit.

My question to the list is just what could I use?  The Bosch pump uses 12
ga. wires, compared to the 14ga. that feed the original Lucas pump.  (The
Facet uses 14 ga wires).  Obviously, I need this circuit to be on only when
the ignition is on.  Safety being a major concern.  Is there a way to rig
something up a the fuse box?  Perhaps this may be a way to utilize the
"spare" slot in my fuse box.

Here's a bonus question:  Will my inertia cut-off switch handle the current
to both fuel pumps?

TIA

Dave,
San Diego, Ca