Re: Triumph - Removing Paint Overspray

To: Bud Rolofson <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>
Subject: Re: Triumph - Removing Paint Overspray
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:05:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've had excellent results using clay and a spray wax.  I use Meguires's Smooth
and
Clean, which comes with a block of clay and a small bottle of their quick
detailer.
Mothers also makes a similar product.  These are off the shelf at most parts
stores.  A local body shop may also sell you the clay only.  The procedure is
like
wet sanding, without the abrasive.

The flat surfaces of my car were covered with paint overspray and other surface
contaminates.  Now their very smoooooooth.  The clay removes everything but the
original paint.

I also used it on my fiberglass hardtop, chrome, and window glass without
problems.
Brian Kemp
72 TR6