RE: Towing a car

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Stinocher, Bryan D.'" <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Subject: RE: Towing a car
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 21:44:52 -0400
Bryan,
Besure to call the Uhaul folks in Memphis directly before you leave.
Confirm who will be there(get a name) and what time.  The first time I
tried this trick the folks on the Uhaul 800 number said the place opened
at 7:30 am.  I left home at 5:00am, got there at 7:40, and no one showed
until 9:00.  Since time was of
the essence for me on that trip I was slightly PO'd for getting 90
minutes behind schedule.  Also, plan on them taking at least 60 minutes
to get your paperwork done and hooked up.

Also, the comment about getting use to thinking someone is tailgating is
very true.  When I towed my 250 home over 800 miles I was constantly
cursing the "guy following too close"  The only good part was I admired
his taste in cars ;-)

good luck and let us know how it works out

Tom Long

64TR4
68TR250
76TR6