Re: Towing a car

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com, shmitty99@hotmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Towing a car
From: JmyB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:05:55 EDT
>> I will be towing my TR4A some time (soon, I hope).  I will be going around
>> 140 miles.
>> DId you have to make special arrangements to get hte UHaul transoprter?
>> I.E.  Are
>> they routinely available?  Do they come with a winch to pull up a
>> non-running car?

    I used a U-haul unit to take the TR 6 to the paint shop and back.  It came
with a winch.  Definately reserve one in advance. Most important of all, strap
the axels in with the chains supplied.  If I hadn't, my new paint job probably
would have needed a new paint job as the tire straps had come loose and the
chains were the only thing left holding the car on the transporter.
    Jim Bosley        74 TR 6