RE: restorations

Subject: RE: restorations
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 14:13:46 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Below is an excerpt from a post I made a while ago concerning Laycock OD's.
It might give more info on the topic:

Here is a little nugget I gleaned off the Healy list recently. It might be
of interest to those with Laycock O/Ds on their cars.

If you look underneath the car at the O/D unit, you will see an ID plate
with a bunch of text on it (sort of like the commission plate on the body).
Part of this plate text is a number. For example mine is 25/115876 002757.

Apparently the number at the start of the sequence (25 in my case)
represents the percentage by which the engine speed is reduced by the O/D.
So for mine, when the O/D is engaged the engine RPMs decrease by 25% from
the direct drive RPMs (in the same gear of course).

The last number sequence (002757 for mine) is the unit serial number. I
don't know what the middle number (115876) represents.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO  Calgary,Canada ---