US vs. UK

To: BUZZ52490@aol.com
Subject: US vs. UK
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:48:36 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 16:16 9/08/98 EDT, you wrote:

>So I suppose you are trying to say that Britain made better cars than
>America?Better Technology? Lucas better than Delco?

This thread has the makings of quite a can of worms. The Lucas example is
probably the most wounding one you could pick!

However, by way of quantitative comparison, it would be illuminating to
compare the recall histories of British vs. American cars (does anyone have
figures handy?) I don't think I've ever heard about British-car recalls,
although it must have happened from time to time. As for American cars, just
pick up a used-car buyer's guide and see how many models you can find that
haven't been recalled!

(BTW the P51 was probably the best fighter of WWII, but it was a pig until
they fitted Rolls Royce engines!)

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia