RE: US vs. UK

To: "'Odd Hedberg'" <odd@triumphclub.se>, Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: RE: US vs. UK
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:27:29 -0500
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>>And in all fairness: the best fighter in W.W.II wasn't the Mustang.
>>It was most definitely the Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a Schwalbe.

A Warbird afficianado among us.  No surprise there :-)

Thanks for pointing out the Merlin power plant in the Mustang was designed by
RR, but Packard built, not a true Rolls Royce.  Sort of analogous to the engine
in the TR-8. (just to bring things back to cars in general and Triumphs in
particular)

BTW, Odd, a friend a party at an airfield to celebrate his airplane being paid
off, and one of his mates did couple VERY low passes in a P-51.  Quite
impressive.  Now I'm trying to get details worked out to get a picture of my
Mustang Cobra with the P-51 in the background.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!