Re: Carb Cleaner

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@wans.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaner
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:23:02 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ron,

You'll find carburator cleaner in 1 gal. (Chemtool, I think. Red & white
can, like a 1 gal. paint can... about $18) & 5 sizes at your better auto
parts stores. Shouldn't require much more than an hour soaking. BE SURE
to remove ALL rubber, plastic, etc. or it will be removed for you, never
to be seen again. Only metal parts. Read the directions. They come with
a parts basket rattling around inside. The stuff smells awful (maybe
it's just me). But it works! Also good for stripping paint off small
parts, etc. I wouldn't use it on brake parts. Wash it off with soap &
water. It's reusable a number of times. DON'T GET IN YOUR EYES, minimize
skin contact.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602