TR6, TR4A, TR4 steering wheels & horn brushes

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6, TR4A, TR4 steering wheels & horn brushes
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:17:57 -0700
>> However... the horn brush I have is original TR4, about 4
inches long. It appears to be one or two inches too short. Did
the TR6 (or 4A or whatever) have a
longer horn brush? (Yes, Malcolm, if I could find the right size
Bic
pen, I could probably make one!) Are these available from one of
the
mail order houses? Thanx for any input.

I repaired the bush in my TR6.  The copper wire broke.  Moss and
TRF list two different bushes for the 6.  One provided
measurements.  If you modify yours or try and repair a broken
one, go to an electrical store and get some fine solder wick.
It's an exact match for the origional wire.  I think mine was 3
inches long end to end.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6 - 3538 miles in a week