Re: TR6 Interior Help and paint ramblings

To: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior Help and paint ramblings
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 21:04:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tood:

To the best of my memory (and help from the Vici Brit guide), here is
the order I installed the interior:

1.      Front Bulkhead Carpet: glued
2.      Trani Tunnel under carpet and carpet: no glue, used velcro you can
pick up at              fabric or auto parts store.Center support holds front
carpet.
3.      "B" Post and base braket at bottom of "B" post: glue
4.      Sill carpet strips: glued
5.      Front scuttle carpet pannels: screwed in
6.      Wheel Arch covers: foam padding, trim and glue into place. Glue ONLY
the
        outer edges of vinyl cover to secure. Do not glue to foam padding.
        Start in the upper back corner and position cover unstretched over
        wheel well, then spray glue onto metal and back of cover, wait a
        minute or so and then put into place. You will have a minute to
position
        into place, then hold and let set a few minutes. This will be fairly
        far back, I think I even knotch cut mine to fit around the support
        bracket by the tank. Just repeat the same process working your way down
        over the well, stretching the vinyl constantly to keep it taught and
keeping                 smooth. The key is to keep the seem running down the
edge of
the wheel well,                 making of the edge, or it creates the apperance
of an
edge. Keep the seem
        pointing up/out. Take your time and all will look good and it does
        hold!
7.      Put in the rear quarter pannels: screwed in
8.      Put underpadding and carpet over rear axel box: glue only the small
oval
        piece and the section of carpet that is vertical going down to floors.
9.      Rear pannel covering gas tank: screw in (this will hold down carpet)
10.     Door pannels: snap in
11.     Carpet and under carpet on floors: 4 snaps (each) for front sections
        and seat rails will hold down rear section

Your done and can now step back and admire what the interior was ment to
look like!

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions or run into problems,
let me know.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6