TR6 Interior Help and paint ramblings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Interior Help and paint ramblings
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:03:23 -0400
This past Sunday I sat in the 6 with my new carpet kit (BPNW) and trim
panels (Moss).  I did not get very far in my installation.  The whole
interior is our of the car, the top is off, seats and rails are out.

After placing the carpets in position, it looked as if the vinyl wheel
arch covers and padding should be placed first, then carpets, followed
by the trim panels.

My question to the list, and the root of my frustrations is in how in
the @#$$@ do you install the wheel arch covers and have them fit
securely, without having loose or wrinkled vinyl.

Any helpful tips on interior installation would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, just had the 6 painted, original color (Damson) in enamel and it
does look good.  Most of the cost was not the painting itself, but the
body and prep work that needed to be done (new BMIHT fender, new sill to
attach it to, a little rust here, a little bondo hiding there). Beware,
a lot of surprises can be found after stripping most of the old paint
off the car.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
Alexandria, VA