Re: fi fuel pump

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: fi fuel pump
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 11 Aug 1998 16:54:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk> writes:
>excuse me for asking, but where is the red hot point about that? The SDI
>comes factory fitted with a lucas copy of the Bosch jetronic, did I miss
>the point to get excited about?

        Spark control (ala Bosch Motronic).  Spark (and detonation) control
allows for higher static compression and/or more advanced timing in most
conditions, improving part-throttle economy and overall performance.
Also, hot-wire systems don't have the problem with causing a pressure drop
in the intake at high outputs/inputs like vane meters do.

        The existing L-jetronic makes it a much easier conversion (but
still not easy!  I'm not about to try it.)

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com