Re: Dief

To: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Subject: Re: Dief
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 22:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Odd Hedberg wrote:

> could someone please tell me, and the rest of the uninformed
> world, who the h--l is Diefenbaker? I know it's a deaf dog in
> a TV series but I doubt that is the answer...

Gadzooks, what a way to be remembered.

Anyway, John Diefenbaker was Prime Minister of Canada from June 1957 to
April 1963.  (around the time the best Triumphs were built ;-))

Among other things, his government was responsible for the DiefenDollar,
worth 92.5 cents US (compared to 67 cents now) and the scrapping of
the Avro Arrow project (a very big very fast jet bomber, far ahead of its
time)

Lots more info, including a link for the dog at:

http://diefenbaker.ottawa.com/main.html

-Malcolm
'62 TR4