No LBC content, but very mysterious!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No LBC content, but very mysterious!
From: Toad@nlights.net
Date: 11 Aug 1998 14:10:00 PST
Hello Everyone,

Sorry about the non-lbc content, but this one is just too baffling to
let go.  Yesterday, my wife was driving her 1990 Isuzu Trooper when
suddenly she heard lifter tapping getting increasingly loud...which
quickly became a loud knocking in the engine. Her oil pressure dropped
to zero, oil pressure light came on, and the car stopped running.

Since I don't do much mechanical work on newer cars ( I don't have a
clue!), we had a tow truck drop what I thought to have been a completely
toasted car, off at a local shop, that, being after six oclock, was
closed. I fretted all night about just how the hell I was going to pay
for this nightmarish scenario and working a second job at night, I found
myself completely distracted by thought of borrowing money from in-laws
(god forbid) or my own family (even worse!).

Got home at 7:30 am, went to bed and was awakened by the phone a couple
hours later. It was my wife. She told me that she called the shop and
inquired about her car, to which the mechanic responded, "you mean the
one that started right up?"  Evidently, the car started up and currently
runs well. It seems that the mechanics are as baffled as we were as to
why the car would suddenly so catastrophically fail, only to run well a
few hours later.

Does anyone have any clues as to what we should be looking for to
prevent future occurences?

Will
baffled in Everett