Re: fi fuel pump

To: odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: fi fuel pump
From: Randell Jesup <Randell.Jesup@scala.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 01:12:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se> writes:
>> ... (The ford EFI system is almost identical to Bosch Motronic
>> (which is L-jetronic plus spark/detonation control).  The XR4 uses
>> higher pressure (under boost, same at idle/mild throttle), and has
>> more HP, so it's more than good enough in this use.
>> I did this with my SD1.

>should I read this as You've fitted a Bosch Motronic system to a
>Rover SD1 V8? If so, please tell us more!

        No, just the fuel pump.  A full system could be fitted (though I'd
go with something like a Mustang 8-cyl hot-wire system instead of the
Merkur 4-cyl vane system), but it would be a lot of work - mostly in coming
up with a reasonable set of maps for ignition and fuel!  Major work
there unless you're an expert tuner (at programming chips).  It would
probably be smarter to use something like a Haltech aftermarket EFI
system, which is designed to be tuned to fit the car.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com