Re: Recommend an auto shipper?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Recommend an auto shipper?
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:49:58 -0500

    Jack> I have never done this, but rent a U-Haul large
    Jack> enough and load up the '4 in the back, probably
    Jack> enough room for one of the kids too! (kidding!).

I did this once with a friend and was politely told by the
trooper who pulled us over for not signalling a lane change
and having a busted tail-light at 3:30am that he could charge
us with "unlawful cartage" whatever that is and transporting a
quantity of gasoline in a non-DOT approved container (the
Honda we had in the back).  Instead, he gave us a warning and
told us to drive carefully.  I have no idea what kind of fines
or whatever such tickets might add up to, or even what the
relevant laws are so caveat hauler.  As your U-Haul guy what
is legal in your state(s).

                                                        -MM