Re: TR4 won't go

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 won't go
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 21:52:59 -0700
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm,

I would guess that the low tension lead is the problem. But you can also
pull a plug & ground it, then crank the motor over to see if you are
getting a spark. By all means, try the other coil, too. If there is
arcing inside your distributor, you should see spark trails inside the
distributor cap. Mine is particularly sensitive to any moisture in the
distributor.

Good luck.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.