TR6 - Dieseling Update

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 - Dieseling Update
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:10:06 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for all the help that I received from the list.

The car is running fine at 10 degrees BTDC, NGK plugs, and without the
anti-dieseling valve. It appears that I have a 5 position ignition switch
and the I need the 6 position switch to run the anti-dieseling valve (or a
SPDT relay which I have looked for at two Radio Shacks without success).

The reason for the dieseling was the amount of oil that I squirted in to
cylinders before starting the engine.  And without the anti-dieseling valve,
the oil kept igniting with the hot engine.  When I squirted the oil, I did
not realize that I had a light oil in the oil can, thus a healthy squirt of
oil.  However, if the anti-device had been hooked up, the problem would not
have occurred.

With the above example of my mechanical abilities, I would like to nominate
myself "dummy of the month".

Martin Gonzales
73 TR6
San Jose, CA