Re: Gas tank restoration, repro fender probs.

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Gas tank restoration, repro fender probs.
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 19:03:51 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tony,

        I used the Moss gas tank kit and it seemed to work quite well. Though, I
        didn't have much of problems previous, I just wanted peace of mind. Just
        one piece of advice - don't use alot of the sealer. After dumping in
the stuff, keep
        on rotating your tank so the sealent doesn't form "stalagtytes"(sp?).

        Jeff N.
        '72 TR6

At 12:47 PM 8/1/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I am in the process of my restoration of my TR4A.  I have the body off,
>and hence, the gas tank is out.  What is the consensus about how to treat
>the gas tank?  I can not see light through the metal, but I can't really
>tell
>the quality inside.  I had no problems with garbage in the filter, but it
>has
>been sitting for an quite a few years awaiting the restoration.
>
>Should I just wash it out, and reinstall it, or should I use the MOSS tank
>cleaner/etcher/slushing compound?  Or should I spring for a new
>"Marine Grade Aluminum" tank?  Do the fuel lines need rerouting
>in real life?  The MOSS catalog says that it MAY need rerouting.  I
>would have thought that they know exactly which models
>would require rerouting.

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.