Re: Gas tank restoration, repro fender probs.

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank restoration, repro fender probs.
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 13:53:44 -0400
Message text written by fred thomas
>Tony, if the gas tank has been out of use for a few years, spare the
heartaches down the road, I would not use the Moss kit but the one from
POR-15, they are the very best. On the repo fenders, buy a used one and
get a better fit, heavier metal, and a lots cheaper also, then you can
cut and use what you want.  Just my .02 feelings.
<

Fred, thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, the $ for the repro fenders is
long
since spent, though not by me :)  However, the $ for the tank is yet to be
spent.
WHat exactly is the POR-15 and where do I get it?  I have heard of it, but
that is it.
What will it do and how does that compare to the Moss slushing compound?

-Tony