Re: More od solenoid switching stuff-

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More od solenoid switching stuff-
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 07:21:23 -0400

I've put a `scope on the solenoid and I found some of
the pull-in current transients can be near 40 amps
depending on the particular solenoid.  I fused the
current supply to the solenoid after a internal
solenoid short (how about the Lucas quality control
- brand new solenoid shorts out due to a problem
with a wire wrapping machine, and a human had to have
seen it, but passed it down the line anyway for final
assembly!) caused a wiring fire and found out that I
needed a 30 amp fuse so the pull-in current wouldn't
blow it.  Measured the hold-in current at about an amp,
which corresponds well to the 10 ohm resistance I was
told that the hold-in coil has.

Bruce Clough