Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:16:10 -0400 ()
Cc: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Henry Frye wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Can you direct my to the Commission number on the frame? I have never seen
> one.

Aw, Heck! I'll jump into the Frye/fray here. :-))

Anyway, I'm aware of the chassis number plates, but ISTR that they show
just that: the CHASSIS number and NOT the COMMISSION number. At least
I believe that to be the case on Spitfires. In other words, there is a
chassis number, much as there is an engine number, gearbox number or
differential number. For us "numbers freaks" these numbers should be in
the correct series and within range, but they practically never match each
other.

--Andy