Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:28:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Henry Frye wrote:

> Listers,
>

> I will get a Build Certificate from BMIHT, but, I can just picture the look
> on the DMV employee's face when I tell them the VIN number on this
> registration certificate is the wrong number.
>
> Any ideas?

You may not have as much trouble as you imagine, although Connecticut
may be tougher in this regard than elsewhere. I had a similar problem
registering mine. The original title had been issued with an "KE"
prefix, rather than "KF," and I simply explained it was a typo, and that
KEs were built for the domestic (UK) market, and showed the clerk that
statement in the factory manual.

If worse comes to worst, simply register it with the number on the
better frame--that was always presumed, I believe, to be the definitive
number in any matter of identification, since it's the hardest to find
and replace.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....