Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 Commission Number fiasco
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:52:52 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:28 AM 5/29/98 -0700, Michael D. Porter wrote:

>Henry Frye wrote:
>>
>> I will get a Build Certificate from BMIHT, but, I can just picture the look
>> on the DMV employee's face when I tell them the VIN number on this
>> registration certificate is the wrong number.

snip

>If worse comes to worst, simply register it with the number on the
>better frame--that was always presumed, I believe, to be the definitive
>number in any matter of identification, since it's the hardest to find
>and replace.

Michael,

Can you direct my to the Commission number on the frame? I have never seen
one.

I believe you are suggesting I register the car using my title and
commission plate from the frame donor car. As I believe I have a numbers
matching sort of early TR250, I am unwilling to take the easy way out.

CD690L   Commission Number
550CC    Body tag   (if memory serves)
CC750E   Engine Number (if memory serves)

Sure looks right to me. Mr. Clausager will have to verify this for me of
course.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 TR3B   TCF1927 L       Driver
 TR250  CD690 L         Soon to be Driver
 TR250  CD8096 L        Someday Driver
 TR250  CD1074 L        Some Brave Soul Other Than Me
                       Will Make This A Driver!