Re: "clunk on fast acceleration"

To: oconnor@fuse.net
Subject: Re: "clunk on fast acceleration"
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:22:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Kevin,

>From my manuals:

Ken Ball's Autopress manual gives a specification of 26-28 lb ft for 5/16"
connections, but didn't specifically mention these nuts.

My Bentley manual does give a 11-16 for trailing arm to brake plate and the
(new to
me) Haynes gives 14-16.

I should have looked further.  You are right about the 15 lb ft torque.  I'll
check
and fix it next week when I change my rear springs.  Thanks for the catch.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6