Re: Difficult Starting

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Difficult Starting
From: Irwin <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:47:59 +0100
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sumner

I would imagine that your problem must be fuel, it would seem that your fuel is
draining out of the carb and back to the tank.

To test this theory take out the plugs turn the engine over a few times and
then put the plugs back  again. If it fires immediately then you know that your
problem is the non return in the carb. My car has PI so I'm not sure of the
carb system but it must have valve of some kind to stop the petrol draining
away from it.

Happy hunting

Irwin