What is it?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, blang@mit.edu
Subject: What is it?
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:15:23 -0400
While replacing the water valve on the TR6 this weekend, I noticed a wire coming
from the harness where it passes thru the fire wall near the water valve heater
hoses. The wire has a female end on it that apparently slips over a spade type
lug which is copper and is soldered to the flat, horizontal area just under the
2 heater hoses. It was not connected with seemingly no ill effects. I did clean
off the male end (hence finding out it was copper) and reconnected it; again
with seemingly no effect (yet). It has to be a ground of some sort, no?

Also, last week I asked what to use on the threads of the heater valve. Most
listers suggested Teflon tape. Again, good info from this list. No leaks.

TIA
Jeff
'73 TR6 in Mass.