Re: Upcoming Shows

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Upcoming Shows
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:54:32 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sumner Weisman wrote:

> Nice story, Hector.  Mine is in the same condition.  I do not open the hood
> when showing it, because that area has never been restored.   It does have
> new paint, and I have done a pretty good job of restoring the interior.
> Let me put it to you this way:  If you have poor eyesight and you don't
> come closer than 20 feet, my car looks great.
>
> Sumner
>
> ----------
> > From: Hector Agostini <agostinihp@earthlink.net>
> > To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
> > Subject: Re: Upcoming Shows
> > Date: Friday, May 15, 1998 2:59 PM
> >
> > Sumner Weisman wrote:
> > >
> > > For those of you within driving distance of Eastern Massachusetts, the
> car
> > > shows on the lawn at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline are
> worth
> > > going to.  Here are the ones of interest:
> > >
> > > MG Day -- June 14th
> > >
> > > TRIUMPH Day -- July 12th
> > >
> > > British Car Day -- July 19th
> > >
> > > I've gone the past few years to Triumph Day, but just parked the TR-3
> in
> > > the parking lot.  This year I'm showing it.  It's a "driver" that will
> > > never win any prizes, but what the heck.
> > >
> > > Admission to the field includes admission to the museum, well worth
> seeing.
> > >  There is more info on their web site for anyone interested.
> > >
> > > Sumner Weisman
> > > 62 TR-3B
> > Hi there,
> >       I entered my driver GT6 at the Day ofTriumph last year.  I did not
> > expect to win anything, especially since mine did not come close to the
> > other GT6s.  I had to leave before the awards were given out.  Well, in
> > the subsequent New England Triumph newsletter I found out that I had
> > Won (if it could be called that) the Diamond in the Rough award.  I
> > never did get that award.  That would be a crowning award, though>
> >               Regards,                         hector

Remember just a few things about a car show and cars = you drive your
car, you enjoy your car, you saved a car from being lost forever, its
your car to do with anyway, anytime you so please, and look at how many
nice people you met today at that show = show car = you do not drive your
car, you cannot enjoy your car, you can enjoy your ego, and most people
at the show are just plain afraid to talk with you about your car. Every
car that is driven needs to be on the field just to show there is one
more of us on the road. Trophys are going to tear this hobby apart one
day, cars = people = sharing = thats a nice afternoon.