RE: TR3B Fuel Pump Threads

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: TR3B Fuel Pump Threads
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 11:14:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 9 May 1998, David Moag wrote:

> route. I'm in the process of pulling everything out from under the hood to
> clean, paint, put in new wiring harness, etc. so a functioning fuel pump is
> not an emergency need for me. BUT, I'd hate to get everything (eventually)
> back together only to find it still leaks. Do you have any idea how I may be
> able to test it out for leakage in advance of putting it back into the car?

Hmm.  Well, I guess that the whole works should be air-tight, so I'd root
around in my bit bucket until I found 2 fittings that worked in the pump
(maybe just go to hardware store and buy a few).  Then plug the outlet
(with a spare finger) and blow into the inlet.  Hissing is bad news.  If
in doubt, swab some soapy water over the fittings (or any suspected leaky
bits) and try again.  Bubbles = leaks.

Please don't do this with gasoline over everything, or you will get a
bellyache.

-Malcolm