DIY AC service tip

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: DIY AC service tip
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 12:00:27 -0400

OK, so most of our LBC's don't have air conditioning. Some of them do and
most of us have other vehicles which do. If you want to buy Freon in the
USA you need EPA 609 certification. What you probably didn't know is that
you can get this for $20 by reading a 30 page book and passing an open book
multiple choice correspondence test. Once you pass the test you can go to
Pep Boys, show them your card, and buy small cans of Freon to _legally_
top up the AC in the family car.

I have no personal financial interest etc. I did take and pass the
test and fixed the AC in my BGC cheaply and legally.

For more info go here: http://macsw.org/cert.html

Cheers,

-Erik

--