Insurance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Insurance
From: smith007@mindspring.com (Phil Smith)
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 09:04:31 -0500
>Over the last ten years I figure I have paid out $25,000 for car and
>house insurance with State Farm.I bumped a workmates Miata the other
>day, no damage to my car, his fender crumpled up like tissue paper. Got
>two estimates, one for $362, one for $438. Told the insurance, and they
>had their estimator look at it.Now, I have had no claims in twenty years
>on any car,house etc, and they told me if their estimate is under $400
>it won't go on my record. If its over $400 and I have an accident in the
>next three years, my premiums will go up 30%. So guess what they
>appraised the damage at. Yep, $400 and 25CENTS!And they are rated as the
>best Company in Delaware.Then the local rep's assistant said since I had
>a $500 deductible I would have to pay anyway, which is totally
>incorrect, that only would apply to my car.Well, I got that off my
>chest,. now back to work.
>Stu
At the turn of the century, in New York City, and other large cities where
newly arrived immigrants settled, and opened their small businesses, and
shops,the local Mafia, then called " The Black Hand " would come around to
the shop owners weekly and collect insurance money.If the immigrant shop
owner refused, he was beaten, killed or his business/ shop was burned down.
In my mind there is no difference between this practice and what occurs
today? Now it's legal, laws have been passed to give respecability to this
thievery.
I don't see any difference between Organized Crime and the Insurance
Industry and in fact believe they are one and the same.

    Phil Smith
    69 TR6
    " More Dreams Than Money "