Friday at Carlisel, PA

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Friday at Carlisel, PA
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 09:19:53 -0400
Drove up to Carlisle, PA Thursday night to go to the Import & Kit Car show
and sale (or whatever the official name is) on Friday.

Got to the fairgrounds at 7:30.  It was raining.  Rained until I left at
3:30 pm.  Sometimes *hard*.  Had fun (really).

Some vendors' spaces had streams running through them, a few had 4-5 inches
of water.  Most were mudpits, even the ones with decent canopy covers.

Made a few finds: pair of Italian-made H4 headlights for my TR6, look new. $28
One KANGOL inertia reel seatbelt, looks new, $5.  Might replace webbing
anyway.

Combo water temp/oil pressure guage for MGA.  Nicest I've seen, including
rebuilt ones.  $8:00.  Too good to be true?  Yes.  The capillary tube is
broken.

Passed on new Haynes TR250/TR6 manual at British Miles for around $50.  Saw
several Bentley TR6 manuals for $60+.

Saw LOTS more MGTD's for sale than I've seen before.  TR6 V8 conversion for
sale. Met Ted Schumacher briefly.

All in all, a wet, cold, miserable kinda fun day.

Ted Stevens
74 TR6
Gaithersburg, MD USA