RE: Embarrassed to show driver

To: dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: RE: Embarrassed to show driver
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 16:56:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Dennis!

Re: your posting aboutcar shows...

I also think it's sad that folks will come to look at the cars and not
enter a show, but the simple matter is that the idea of "showing" a car
does not appeal to some folks. I have to admit that I've never liked
showing my car because I know what's wrong with it and when it is judged
badly, I tend to take it personally - despite the fact that I know this is
not the case.

I get a real kick out of standing next to my car and explaining things to
people. Only now it's a little more fun when I pop the bonnet and those
triple DCOE's and the TriumphTune valve cover are bathed in light. I get
alot of "Wow"'s. It's a hoot, eh?

But seriously, some folks just don't like to show their cars - to quote the
song "That's just the way it is".

Later,
rml
TR6's