Re: Embarrassed to show driver

To: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Embarrassed to show driver
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 15:44:12 -0500
> From: Dennis Culligan <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>

>   At nearly EVERY show I've ever been to, there is a collection of LBCs
out in
> the parking lot.  Some are drivers, some are in better shape than many
cars on
> the show field.  I've always assumed that these folks were simply too
cheap
> to pay the $5-$10 and support the club or organization that's sponsoring
the
> show.  It's sad...

More likely, it is the mentality that has already been expressed in this
thread. Some people are ashamed and/or embarrassed to park their drivers
next to the ever increasing group of over restored cars that are appearing
at shows today, especially the National Convention concours.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

don't need no steenkin' trophies